This could very well be a decision based on palette or personal preference. There are those that would prefer one over the other, some that would do either or, and those die hard ROCKSTARs that would choose wine for breakfast and end the night in the pubs. Both options leave you a bit inebriated at the end so always choose a safe mode of transportation! What is the difference between the two experiences? Here is a crash course:
Pub Crawl: A pub crawl (sometimes called a bar tour, bar crawl or bar-hopping) is the act of one or more people drinking in multiple pubs or bars in a single night, normally travelling by foot or bus to each destination and occasionally by cycle.
- Various drink specials
- New atmospheres throughout the night
- Great for large groups and special occasions
- alternative way to celebrate holidays with festive themes
- Well, if we had to choose, it could be that you may run the risk of stopping in a place that does not meet expectations or does not have the same vibe as your crowd. That just means you are on to the next one!
Wine Tasting: Wine tasting (often, in wine circles, simply tasting) is the sensory examination and evaluation of wine. While the practice of wine tasting is as ancient as its production, a more formalized methodology has slowly become established from the 14th century onwards.
- Inexpensive way to find your favorite grapes and flavors
- Education on why you like the options and how to make educated purchases in the future
- Lots of samples!...like, a lot, a lot! If you have the chance to attend a breakout seminar- DO IT -you learn (and taste!) even more.
- Crowds: avoid crowded tables for more one-on-one attention with the winemaker
- Spitting, yup spitting. There is a spit bucket. It splashes. Enough said.