Is Newport, Rhode Island a destination on your bucket list? For many people, Newport is nothing but their home but for others its a place they can't pass up no matter what the weather is. Yes, Newport is absolutely beautiful in the Summer, but it's amazing in the winter time too!
If you're new here and have no idea what is what in Newport, here are some things you can't pass up when visiting!
- Mansion tour along Ocean Drive in Newport. Where you enjoy a scenic drive down historic Ocean Drive with your informative guide. You can also take a walking tour of The Breakers, Marble House, The Elms, Rosecliff, Isaac Bell House or Chateau-sur-Mer Marvel at the ornate, lavish interior furnishings and walk through the sculpted gardens Learn about the history of the families who built these iconic Newport landmarks.
- Newport Harbor Cruise Tour where you take in Rhode Island's scenic shoreline on a 90-minute sightseeing cruise through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay. You can enjoy a narrated tour as you pass through Newport and Jamestown harbor fronts and see important landmarks such as Fort Adams, the historical mansions and the famous Clingstone house.
- Castle Hill Inn and lighthouse where you can enjoy their regional cuisine, fresh seafood and libations paired with OUTSTANDING views under an umbrella or on the Adirondack chairs out on the lawn. If you want some amazing scenery and great views, this is a secret gem. It is a short walk down a shady path to this small lighthouse where you can get some fabulous pictures. It is very low key but secluded. The lawn serves lunch daily through the year with live music accompanying brunch on Sundays. Dinner service is available from Memorial Day- Columbus Day. In season, the restaurant provides a great view for west-facing sunsets, sailing races and the ocean breezes especially in the Adirondack chairs! During winter the lawn moves inside serving the same menu from the comfort of the historical mansion.
- Cliff Walk is a great way to get some exercise after all that food while enjoying the beautiful ocean view.
- Fort Adams State Park which will take you on hour long tours of the national historic landmark that take you from the top of the rampart walls to the depths of the underground tunnels!
- Thames street and Bowen's Wharf which has just about everything such as small gift shops, places to dine as well as coffee shops and dessert specialty shops. If you can't find something that interests you while walking down these areas, you probably won't find anything anywhere.
There are also many small things to be apart of when coming to Newport, RI such as Newport Storm Brewery, First, Second and Third beaches, Gooseberry Beach, Salve Regina University, International Tennis Hall of Fame, Pineapples on Goat Island, Newport Vineyards and SO much more!
Newport, Rhode Island is certainly a place many people LOVE to visit with many activities and events to attend while there!